Ich stelle mich vor

• Thought I should start here...
    Es tut mir leid,aber ich kann noch nicht so gut Deutsch schreiben - sprechen geht etwas besser,und ich mache jetzt einen Kurs ... Daher hoffe ich, dass es bald besser wird.

I'm Carl, from the UK but living here in Germany, so ifthere are any English speaking riders in Germany get in touch. A little bitabout me and my CBR1F partnerships. It's started in 1992 when I bought myfirst one which was a 1990 CBR1000FL red / white / blue and she wastotally amazing and was the best bike I had owned up until that point, super-fastand all day comfortable. Then a few years later my Daughter arrived andthe biking stopped and it was a sad day when I sold her.

Fast forward 20 years and I now finally have some free timeand a little cash to return to biking. I had kept reasonably in touch withnewer models over the years but when I started to look and sit on a wide rangeof bikes nothing really CLICKED with me and I started thinking about anotherCBR1F.

Plus when I looked at the brand new bikes I just couldn't justifythe thousands needed to buy something new when it did not offer 10 times morefun or looks of a used CBR1F.
    So, last summer I started looking and found a really smart well-keptalmost new condition one and after some frantic telephone calls the day thebike went up for sale.... and a 6 hour round trip the next day.... I boughther.

A 1999 FX version in metallic Red with only 38K km on theclock and lots of receipts and clearly lots of care and love bestowed upon her.
    So, during autumn and winter I've been riding and caring outa long list of things I wanted to get checked or replaced or serviced.

Question: Do you guys meet up during the year ?
    if yes,,,, when do you meet.
    Kind Regards
    Carl
    34516 Voehl

• Offizieller Beitrag

Hi Carl,

welcome here on the board! :)

I think quite some of us can speak english; though I don't know how many can talk about the nuts and bolts in proper english :D

We meet several times over the year - in spring, we have a season opener in the Eifel, we have a yearly "Forumstreffen" (board meet) in Thuringia, yearly alternating meeting in north respectively south Germany (south this year) and the season closing near Berlin. You can look here for dates in 2017.

Furthermore, there also are several local regular meetings (usually monthly); you'd have to take a look in the appropriate board section for locations and dates.

Hope you stay here with us and you'll meet some of us this year!

Regards
    Sebastian

Gruß

Morg

--

Kann Spuren von persönlichen Meinungen, Sarkasmus und Erdnüssen enthalten. Ausdrucke nicht für den Verzehr geeignet. Ungelesen mindestens haltbar bis: siehe Rückseite.

• Hello Carl,

"Welcome to the Blue Pages"

Greetings from the northern Black Forest,
    Klaus

Ich habe so Hunger, das ich vor lauter Durst gar nicht weiss
    was ich rauchen soll. So müde bin ich. :hüpf:

• Hi Sabastian, Danke for the Herzlick Willkommen, i will lookin the other sections for meeting dates and places und yes it would be great tomeet up with other members. Eifel looks like South / West from here...300kmwhich is possible.

Hi Bass, Danke, istdein hund ein Dobermann ?

Hi Klaus, Dankeund Gruesse aus Nordhessen - Edersee.

Und Estutmirleid fur mein Ducati leders, aber they came upon eBay for a great price !!

• Hello Carl and welcome from the Habichtswald region.
    From time to time I am also on the Edersee on the road, maybe you meet,
    until then have fun here on the Blue Sides

• Danke für IhrWillkommen, Daddy, Nobbe, Pummy, Blindflug and Wolff
    Im Rost vertrauen wir ... sehr gut.

I have recently completed the stick coil conversion, usingthe coils from a 2009 Honda Fireblade SC59, have many members already done thismodification?

Ich habe vorkurzem die Zündspule Umwandlung, mit den Zündspule von einem 2009 HondaFireblade SC59 abgeschlossen, haben viele Mitglieder diese Änderung bereitsgetan?

( i hope Ignition coils in Deutsch is Zündspule )
    Regards
    Carl

• Hi Carl, welcome on the CBR1000 forums.
    Being Dutch I am used to getting cought between different languages, so any problems, let me know.
    (I am (technical) moderator on a site dedicated to the Honda CBR750F, so I know my way around a bike in several languages :-D )

• HI Kevin and Robert

Thanks for the welcome

Im having a little trouble navigating around, but that's my fault with my poor Deutsche

Carl

• Into the blue....

Not only one of the famous Albums of Deep Purple....

also the nicest colour of an Internetcomunity who talk about and live their hobby together. On our blue sites you will find friends- be sure.

And now enough from my perfect kitchen english.

You' re welcome